Space Cowboy KitchenWhere lazy chefs get together to discuss culinary theory
From Solid Cat: Banana Diarama
A cinnamon creation combining Mexican and American treats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Unwrap 1 package of crescent rolls and carefully place it into baking dish, gently pinching seams together to form a uniform crust layer (optional: place in oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven and set aside).
3. In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese for 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy, then mix in 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture over (now) cooled crust, making sure to get all the way to the sides.
5. Take remaining crescent rolls and place them gently over the cream cheese layer, gently pressing seams together again.
6. Brush melted butter over dough. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon, then evenly sprinkle mixture over top crust.
7. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, or overnight before serving.
Solid Cat Episodes | Starring... | Paws Up! | Space Cowboy Kitchen | Solid Cat Shop | FAQ | Home